The Hong Kong Financial Services Institute is an educational organisation that provides academic degree education and professional training. Founded in 1999, the institute upholds the objective of “Putting education first and making people its priority” in running the school. It provides specialised courses that place equal emphasis on theory and practice for individuals, government departments, financial institutions and enterprises.
As the third largest financial centre in the world, Hong Kong has a complete legal system and matured market institute, and many top talents in finance, trade, logistics and other modern service sectors are gathered here. Hong Kong’s geographical advantages help the institute to have a broader global vision and advanced educational concept. The institute’s team of teachers is made up of experienced industry experts and scholars who are deeply knowledgeable about the local practicalities and international regulations. Not only do they have rich teaching experience, they have precious practical industry experience as well. The institute is also working together with tertiary education institutions such as the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics and Central China Normal University in the area of degree education to offer academic degree programs such as Doctorate in Finance and Doctorate in Corporate Management, etc. in Hong Kong. The students hail mainly from the financial and insurance sectors, the industrial and commercial sector, the education sector, information technology sector as well as government organisations in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. More than 500 students have currently been enrolled in total, many of whom have already obtained their doctorate and master’s degrees successfully.
The institute’s current annual training capacity in the area of high-end training has exceeded 10,000 students. Its professional courses in such areas as fiscal and public management, financial management and corporate training, etc. have the unique advantages of being professional, practical and forward-looking.
The institute’s current dean is the University of Hong Kong’s lifetime honorary professor Mr. Zhao Lingyang, previously the dean of the university’s School of Humanities. Dr. Zhu Xiaoming, the dean of China Europe International Business School, serves as the institute’s honorary dean. The institute’s expert consultant committee comprises 12 experienced experts from the government, tertiary education and financial sectors. Their vast accumulated industry experiences and academic achievements help the institute’s teaching team and its courses and programs stand strong at the forefront of the industries.
The Hong Kong Financial Services Institute is headquartered at Sheung Wan in Hong Kong and has 20,000 square feet of classrooms and education services area. At the same time, the institute has also set up educational agencies in Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and Shanghai as well as representative offices in Beijing and Shenzhen.
The institute’s awards:
“Certificate of Qualification for International Talents Exchange Services Overseas Agency” awarded by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, channel serial no. 225203
- Shanghai, Tianjin, Zhejiang, Fujian, Chongqing, Yunnan, Anhui, Guizhou, Shandong, Hebei, Shenzhen and Ningbo, etc.
- Approved by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the Hong Kong Education Bureau to be the education station for the Hong Kong postgraduate students from the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics and the Central China Normal University
- Authorized by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) to be a professional training organisation and examination station
- Authorized by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) to be a professional training organisation
- The professional training organisation for the Cambridge International Certificate in Financial English
- Authorized by the Chartered Institute of Linguists (IOL) to be a professional training organisation and examination station